Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How to Putz with Type Size Online

by Milky Way Maid

We all have clicked on some article somewhere online and when it comes up, the type is SOOO small, that it is all but impossible to read! Some sites, especially news sites, have buttons at the top right of the article for enlarging the type.
But for anything else, you are out of luck.

And sometimes I am not sure if my column here on Blogspot is really legible or not. If I am in a different browser, that can affect things too -- because one browser seems to default to the tiniest type known to man.

So anyway, it occurred to me that maybe some of you out there need a tip on how to enlarge the type to a readable size.

This can be done quite easily if you have the Firefox browser. Just look on the toolbar at the top and click on View. Then a list drops down, where you can select Zoom. I like to click on Zoom Text Only; that preference will stay in effect until I click it again, no matter whether I sign out. Then click on Zoom In. I have to do this maybe two or more times to get the type significantly larger. It all depends on how small it was to begin with. If it gets TOO big, just click on Zoom Out till it is comfortable for you.

I hope this helps some of you! Have a celestial week. Trines (to coin a phrase).

No comments: