Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Notes on a Wedding Horoscope with Children's Charts

by Milky Way Maid

While reading (or re-reading) astrology books on synastry and general astrology subjects, I suddenly decided to look up the planetary placements for my parents' first wedding. I say their first wedding because this was a civil ceremony, which was followed a few years later by a church wedding. They were from different faiths and could not get married in a Catholic church until some things were ironed out.
We do know as astrologers that often the same aspects, involving the same planets, repeat themselves from generation to generation. However, I had not read or heard anything before about there being any contacts between the charts of a wedding, with the charts of the children of that marriage. It makes sense of course. Perhaps you readers might like to try it out with your own parents' wedding dates and the birth charts of siblings.

So anyway, the first wedding, the civil ceremony and the one that they always observed as their 'real' anniversary date, was on Sept. 6, 1947, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I do not know the actual time so I just took the moon sign without trying to figure out what degree. I might go back and try to dig up the actual marriage document. But for now, this is enough to work with for my purposes.
I am astonished to note the close conjunctions between some planets and my natal placements. And here I am the youngest child of theirs, with supposedly no link to the event which took place years before my birth. The aspects given are within two degrees of orb, which is being quite generous. Normally I want aspects to be closer than that.

Sun was conjunct Venus in practical, down-to-earth Virgo --- and yes, it worked out. They stayed married for 50 years till my father died.

The Sun at twelve degrees Virgo, and Venus at 13 degrees Virgo, are trine my Mercury. The Moon is in Taurus, (the sign where it is exalted) --- same as my sun sign. Mercury at 19 degrees Virgo is trine my Sun, and also aspects my nodes. Jupiter at 21 degrees Scorpio is conjunct both my dad's and my North Nodes. Neptune at 9 degrees Libra is conjunct my Moon. And Pluto at 13 degrees Leo squares my Mercury and is conjunct my Midheaven. And to top everything off, the North Node AND the Moon in Taurus are conjunct my Venus.

The only hard aspect is the one with Pluto. It squares my Mercury. I associate this with my hearing loss, the end result of an incompatibility between my parents' blood factors. (In fact I needed a blood infusion at birth, plus medication for the first three months of my life, in order to recover.) Mercury rules the senses, in this case hearing. Pluto rules inter-generational matters such as heredity (and also evolution itself, which is enabled by the fact that the genes of each parent mix and match in an endless shuffle of genes).

Now what are we to make of the fact that several planets make such close aspects to the placements in the birth chart of one of the children? Does it seem almost as if the ultimate, spiritual purpose of the marriage was to produce this youngest child?

The bride and groom have some contacts with the wedding chart, of course. [GROOM: 1-25-1920 in Milwaukee, WI. BRIDE: 2-13-1921 in Manitowoc, WI.] Wedding Sun is 2 degrees past the groom's natal Saturn, signifying that he is ready to settle down to marriage and family responsibilities. Wedding Neptune is trine his Neptune (no idea what to make of that although it could represent ideals and spiritual growth). Wedding Uranus is opposite his Venus, reflecting the fact that he was in love with his bride for the whole fifty years that they lived together. Wedding Moon (and North Mode) sextile his Moon and trine his Mercury.

As for the bride, we see that wedding Sun is square her Mercury and inconjunct her Venus. She was not really ready financially to embark on married life, and maybe she needed some time to mentally prepare herself for a whole new way of life. Wedding Saturn is semi-sextile her Jupiter. Wedding Uranus is square her Saturn (perhaps she rebelled inside at getting tied down now). Wedding Pluto is conjunct her Neptune. Wedding Sun is semi-sextile her Neptune. She seems to be conflicted over getting married, maybe feeling like she had no other options in life, really. Some of that conflict may simply reflect the problems they were having getting married in the groom's Catholic church, since the Catholic church did not accept the bride's Lutheran background as adequate preparation for a Catholic ceremony. Eventually that problem was resolved, and the couple had a church ceremony at that time.

As for the older brother (oldest child of the couple), there are very few contacts to this wedding chart. Other than some semi-sextiles, the only major aspect is that the wedding Jupiter is square his Saturn. Also his Moon oppises wedding Neptune, and is inconjunct the wedding's Sun-Mercury conjunction. The older sister has wedding Neptune trine her Mercury, and inconjunct her Mars. Wedding Jupiter is square her Venus, and sextile her Jupiter. Wedding Moon is inconjunct her Ascendant. Even though this is a civil ceremony, I feel that Jupiter and Neptune may reflect some of her attitudes about religion. She wound up later repudiating the father's religion completely (and all mainstream religion as well), and had only a civil ceremony for her own marriage (which later ended up in divorce). Meanwhile the brother wound up marrying a woman who was very committed to the Catholic church and they raised their kids Catholic. They even sent their kids to a parochial school.

[SON: 11-24-1947 in Milwaukee, WI. DAUGHTER: 2-23-1949 in Milwaukee, WI.]
I will open the comments function on this article, hoping that I don't get overwhelmed with spam attempts. PLEASE do not put any links in your comments because I have no choice but to assume that the link is a spam attempt or a malicious attack. I am so sorry, but there have been so many innocent-looking comments that turn out to be spam or malicious content that I have no choice on this.

And if I come across the the actual times of any of the births or of the wedding, I will update this article with that info. As I recall most of the birth times were in the early morning hours, like 1:30 to 5:30 am. A great deal of material has been lost or misplaced due to several moves in the last decade. Thank you for your patience.

No comments: